- BIDU has given a bearish engulfing pattern in weekly chart.
- Price managed to close above its 20 week moving average. But the Bullish technical setup has suffered some damage.
- Next dip below 20 week moving average may take the stock to lower bollinger band in weekly chart.
- Shorts are safe to hold on till it stays below 20 Day Moving Average. MACD has given a good sell signal following negative divergence. One can spot negative divergence in MACD Bars. So at higher levels stock may face selling pressure.
- Having said that the major trend in weekly chart is still up. So Close above 20 Day Moving average can be kept as stop loss for shorts.
- NFLX WEEKEND UPDATE
August 6, 2011
- Netflix having broken its 50 Day Moving average is moving towards its 200 Day Moving average.
- Price is also showing an important trend line break in weekly chart.
- 200 DMA is around 222, Weekly line chart is showing support between 228 - 235 levels.
- Stochastic indicator is showing oversold readings, But price has not shown any reversal sign yet.
- If stochastic line stays below 20% line one can stay short. Since Stock is oversold one should look for bullish reversal candlestick patterns or break and close above 20 day moving average to go long.
- S&P 500 ANALYSIS AFTER CLOSING BELL
- S&P 500 Week took support at the cloud. And this seems to be working in favor of the bulls. But towards the close it closed flat giving no major gains to bulls and bears.
- Daily chart shows it might reverse the trend. But one need to look at 30 minutes time frames to see if the trend is changing in shorter time frames.
- 50 period moving average and cloud in 30 Minutes is yet to be captured by bulls so these levels will act as resistance on a reversal attempt.
- S&P 500 SUPPORT LEVELS
All the contents of niftychartsandpatterns are for educational purposes only and are not Investment Advice or recommendations offered to any person(s) with respect to the purchase or sale of the stocks / futures. Niftychartsandpatterns shall not be held responsible for the actions of individuals, parties, or corporations taken in response to the ideas, thoughts, concepts or information presented in this blog. Hence all the visitors are requested to apply their prudence and consult their financial or investment adviser before acting on any of the Ideas in this blog.