- Dow jones today broke an important trend line in the hour chart.
- If the index falls below 10330 bears will become stronger.
- And bulls will try to defend this support zone.
- If this triangle break out is not a false one bulls will gain some strength and try to move higher.
June 17, 2010
DOW JONES HOUR CHART
- The hour chart trend line has not been violated.
- One can remain in the long trade as long as it is not violated.
- The 2nd chart shows the price closing above the 200 day moving average for the 2nd day .
- The falling wedge break out is working well.
- Nifty is in uptrend in daily chart.
- But i feel this will end soon near 5300.
- The right shoulder of the head and shoulders pattern has started forming.
- By keeping 5330 as stop loss one can start shorting in small quantities when nifty touches 5280-5300.
- SP 500 ended the day as a doji day the candles stick pattern that tells us that the bulls and bears are not sure about the direction.
- For the second day the index closed above the 200 day moving average.
- The charts suggest that the move from 1040 is study without any major retracements.
- It looks like the falling wedge break out has some more price movement left on the upside.
- There was an intraday dip due to the hourly negative divergence . But the correction was not up to the levels which was expected because of a prominent negative divergence.
- They say price discounts everything.
- The negative divergence may not have shown its effect till now.
- But one bad news and that becomes the reason for the negative divergence to play out.
- On the contrary the price movement towards the upside has been very strong
- A close above 10460 should make the bulls comfortable and strong.
- But a break and close below 10320 will favour the bears.
- And one more important thing is that if the negative divergence has to play out it should happen within the next 3 to 4 hours. If it does not the divergence will vanish.
All the contents of niftychartsandpatterns are for educational purposes only and are not Investment Advice or recommendations offered to any person(s) with respect to the purchase or sale of the stocks / futures. Niftychartsandpatterns shall not be held responsible for the actions of individuals, parties, or corporations taken in response to the ideas, thoughts, concepts or information presented in this blog. Hence all the visitors are requested to apply their prudence and consult their financial or investment adviser before acting on any of the Ideas in this blog.