- Hour chart of SPY with MACD showing positive divergence.
- Divergence has been there for quite sometime now, But price is not showing any major effects.
- May be one more round of selling is left before the big reversal take place.
- DOW JONES TREND UPDATE
June 15, 2011
- Dow Jones hour chart with 100 Hour moving average.
- Price has been trending down below this moving average since may with just one failed attempt to change the trend.
- Yesterdays up move barely came close to this moving average and already futures hinting a gap down opening. So price should close and sustain above this moving average for changing the short term trend.
CHART FOR BULLS
CHART FOR BEARS
- First chart is for bulls. If the trend line starts from 5892 gets broken and price closes above it bulls may be able to target 5600 level.
- And that is the very thing bears does not want to happen. Because the second chart shows a possible descending channel for bears. The trend line break discussed in the first chart will make the channel invalid. and things may turn in favor of bulls.
- For bears the support line shown inside the channel should break. which can accelerate the correction.
All the contents of niftychartsandpatterns are for educational purposes only and are not Investment Advice or recommendations offered to any person(s) with respect to the purchase or sale of the stocks / futures. Niftychartsandpatterns shall not be held responsible for the actions of individuals, parties, or corporations taken in response to the ideas, thoughts, concepts or information presented in this blog. Hence all the visitors are requested to apply their prudence and consult their financial or investment adviser before acting on any of the Ideas in this blog.