- There is a small negative divergence developing in Dow Jones
- But the index is trading at 10600 area from where it went down to 9614.
- So If the bulls are strong they have to break 10600 and should make a firm close above it, and then the negative divergence will vanish in no time.
- So from here both trades are possible. wait for proper direction.
July 27, 2010
- The raising wedge in daily chart is still valid. the morning may get a minor gap up because of the U.S. markets.
- But any drastic changes in RBI policy can bring the raising wedge in to action.
- Nifty closed between 5 day high ema and low ema.
- But the index is still trading above its 20 day sma. and as long as it stays above the 20 sma bullish moves are possible.
- I have also shown the weekly candle. Right now it looks weak but we have four more day's to go in the week and a move above 5450 can turn the candle to a positive one.
- But staying below 5400 and 5350 will not be good news for the bulls.
- S&P 500 ANALYSIS AFTER CLOSING BELL
- S&P 500 index closed up 12.35 points or 1.12%.
- Dow Jones closed up 100.81 points or 0.97%.
- So both major indices making nearly a percentage gains.
- The first chart in this post shows the S&P 500 closing above its 200 DMA. I was expecting a close below this average today. But bulls were too strong.
- The index has also closed at the 50% fib retrace levels of its recent fall from 1219 to 1010. So a successful close above this level tomorrow can take the index to 61.8% retrace levels in the coming days.
All the contents of niftychartsandpatterns are for educational purposes only and are not Investment Advice or recommendations offered to any person(s) with respect to the purchase or sale of the stocks / futures. Niftychartsandpatterns shall not be held responsible for the actions of individuals, parties, or corporations taken in response to the ideas, thoughts, concepts or information presented in this blog. Hence all the visitors are requested to apply their prudence and consult their financial or investment adviser before acting on any of the Ideas in this blog.